- Cooking oil spray
- 450g extra-lean lamb leg, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- ½tsp chilli flakes
- 2 litres reduced-salt lamb, chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g baby spinach
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 25g fresh basil leaves
- 350g stale crusty bread, torn into bitesize pieces
- Spray a large non-stick pan with a little oil and put it over a medium-high heat. Fry the lamb for 5 min or until browned. Add the onion, carrot and fennel and cook for a further 10 min.
- Add the garlic, pepper, tomatoes, rosemary, bay leaf, chilli and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 1½–2 hr until the lamb is tender. Add the spinach and beans for the last 10 min of cooking time.
- To serve, stir through the basil and bread pieces, then season with ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
278 20.3g 7g 2.4g 5.9g 7.7g 2.3g 149mg 35.3g 3.4mg