- 125g Vitalite, plus extra to grease
- 3 unwaxed oranges
- 2tbsp agave nectar
- 125g Natvia granulated sweetener
- 4tbsp finely ground chia or flaxseed
- 100g ground almonds
- 250g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 275ml unsweetened almond milk
- Edible flowers, to serve (optional)
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm round loose-bottomed cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Zest 2 of the oranges, then thinly slice them both. Juice the remaining orange and add to the zest (you will need 4tbsp freshly squeezed juice).
- Heat the agave nectar in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the orange slices and cook for 1–2 min on each side. Remove from the pan and arrange over the base of the prepared cake tin.
- Put all the remaining cake ingredients in a large bowl with the orange zest and juice. Whisk with an electric mixer for
1 min until smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture over the orange slices in the cake tin and level the surface. Bake for 45–50 min or until a skewer inserted at the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in the pan for 5 min, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Scatter edible flowers over the cake, if using, then cut into slices and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
223kcals 5g 11g 1.7g 4g 4.2g 0.2g 76mg 32g 0.8mg