- 60g low-fat spread
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 40g light muscovado sugar
- 40g golden syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250g plain flour
- 2tbsp ground flaxseed
- Put the spread, oil, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon.
- Shape the dough into a ball with your hands, then put it on a large square of clingfilm. Roll the dough into a log shape about 22cm long and wrap tightly, then chill for at least 2 hr or overnight, or freeze (defrost to use).
- When ready to bake, heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. Unwrap the dough, then slice with a sharp knife into 16 rounds. Put the rounds on the baking sheets, flattening them slightly as you go – you want the cookies to be about 5–6cm in diameter. Bake for 15–20 min until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool for 5 min, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
109kcal 2.4g 4g 0.7g 1.2g 4.8g 0.1g 32mg 16.8g 0.6mg