- 1 little gem lettuce, halved lengthways
- 3tsp olive oil
- 2 slices bread, cut into rough cubes
- Pinch dried oregano
- 20g salted cashews (or use unsalted if you prefer)
- Splash almond milk
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- Juice ¼ lemon
- Drizzle the lettuce halves with 1tsp olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the lettuce, cut-side down, and cook for about 2 min until it starts to char. Remove from the pan and set aside on a serving plate.
- Add another 1tsp oil to the pan or griddle, add the cubes of bread and the oregano, sprinkle with black pepper and fry over a medium heat for about 5 min until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside with the lettuce.
- To make the dressing, put the cashew nuts in a blender with the almond milk, mustard, lemon juice, remaining 1tsp olive oil, and a pinch of black pepper and blitz until smooth.
- Serve the lettuce and the croutons drizzled with the cashew dressing.
Recipe from Vegan One Pound Meals by Miguel Barclay (Headline, £16.99), out now.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
476 14g 27.5g 4.2g 4.8g 5.1g 1.2g 161mg 41g 2.8mg