User Review( votes)
- 250g frozen peas
- 3 garlic cloves
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger
- ½ fresh red chilli
- 4 spring onions
- 1 head cauliflower or broccoli
- 1 large red pepper
- 1½tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 400ml can coconut milk (see tip)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1½tbsp curry powder
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Juice ½ lime
- Small bunch roughly chopped fresh coriander, flaked almonds and chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
- Put the frozen peas into a bowl of boiling water to thaw. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Finely slice the chilli, removing the seeds if you don’t like it too spicy. Finely slice the spring onions. Cut the cauliflower/broccoli florets off the stalk and chop them into small bite-size pieces. Deseed and finely chop the red pepper.
- Put the oil into a large non-stick pan set over a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the prepared garlic, ginger, chilli and spring onions and cook, stirring regularly, for 1½ min.
- Next, add the cauliflower or broccoli, red pepper and cumin seeds and cook, stirring regularly, for 2 min. Drain the peas and add these with the remaining ingredients, apart from the garnishes (if using), along with freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 2 min.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle over the coriander, flaked almonds and chilli flakes, if using.
TIP: Using reduced-fat coconut milk will give you 371kcal, 16g fat and 9.3g saturates per serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
493 13g 29g 20g 14g 25g 0.1g 167mg 37g 10mg