For the hummus:
- 350g pack peeled and chopped squash
- 400g can no added salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2tbsp tahini
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2–3tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp dukkah
- 1 large carrot, cut into batons
- 2 celery stalks, cut into batons
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 2 small wholemeal pittas, toasted
- Put the squash and 1tbsp water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 6–8 min until tender. Drain, cool and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas to the squash and mash lightly. Stir in the tahini, cumin and garlic, and season with ground black pepper. Add the lemon juice to taste. Divide half the mixture between 2 airtight containers (see below). Sprinkle over the dukkah, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Pop the vegetable batons into a container or food bag and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, warm or toast the pittas and tear into strips. Serve with the hummus and veggie sticks.
TIP: Leftover hummus will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge, or 2 months in the freezer.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
512 22g 21g 3.2g 17g 15g 0.5mg 494mg 48g 13mg