- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 2 red chillies, chopped and de-seeded
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 x 400g tins of green jackfruit pieces
- 400g basmati rice
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 500ml jar of passata (strained tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Handful fresh coriander, to serve
- Add a glug of olive oil to a frying pan (skillet) and the cumin seeds and mustard seeds, pan-frying for a minute to release the aroma. Add the red chillies, onions, garlic cloves and ginger. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Drain and rinse your jackfruit (to remove as much salt as possible).
- Get the rice on in a separate pan and cook according to the instructions on the packet. Drain.
- Add the ground coriander, ground turmeric, tomato purée and the jackfruit to the onions. Mix together, pour in the passata, cover your pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and shred the jackfruit a bit and allow the sauce to thicken. Add the coconut cream and a little water if necessary. Mix everything together.
- Bubble the curry down until it is nice and thick. Scatter over a handful of chopped coriander. Serve on a bed of steaming rice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
415 9.2g 5.3g 2g 4.8g 25g 0g 49mg 79g 3.1mg