- 175g toasted buckwheat groats
- 200g shelled edamame beans
- 100g radishes, very finely sliced
- 200g ready to eat bean sprouts
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 200g vegan kimchi
- 1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips
- 2tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Sriracha, to serve (optional)
- Rinse the buckwheat, drain, put into a saucepan and cover with 1 litre boiling water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Thoroughly rinse the buckwheat with cold water and drain well, then divide among 4 bowls. Arrange the edamame, radishes, bean sprouts, cucumber and avocado on top.
- Combine the vegan mayo and chilli flakes. Top each bowl with some kimchi and nori strips, then sprinkle over the sesame seeds and coriander, if using. Add a splash of sriracha, if using, and serve with the chilli mayo, or try it drizzled with the savoury tamari sauce instead.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
449 15g 22g 3g 12g 4.7g 0.8g 143mg 40g 5.9mg