- 250g mixed tomatoes, halved or thickly sliced
- 400g spirali or macaroni pasta
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp dijon mustard
- Nutmeg, grated
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 125ml boiling water
- 5tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 100g vegan cheese alternative, grated (we used Asda)
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and add the tomatoes (cut side up if halved), then roast for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until al dente, then drain well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 5 min. Add the mustard, nutmeg, chilli, if using (or lots of freshly ground black pepper, if you prefer), and flour. Mix well. Gradually whisk in the almond milk until smooth, then whisk in the stock and yeast flakes.
- Tip the pasta into a 2–2.5 litre ovenproof dish, and pour over the sauce. Scatter with half the cheese alternative and mix well. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and lay them on top. Add the remaining cheese, then bake for 15 min until golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with basil and serve with a big green salad or green veg (see right).
Just add greens…
- 80g green salad (no dressing) ADD 15kcal
- 80g wilted greens ADD 20kcal
- 80g green peas ADD 65kcal
- 80g broccoli ADD 27kcal
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
433 13g 10g 3.8g 5.6g 7.6g 1.1g 144mg 70g 2mg