- 225g cold vegan butter, diced
- 350g plain flour
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 280g vegan mincemeat
- Sprinkle of Lizi’s Granola (optional)
You will also need…
- A star-shaped cutter
- To make the pastry, rub together the diced vegan butter into the plain flour. Once they are mixed together, mix in the golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Combine the pastry into a ball – don’t add any liquids – and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like a shortbread dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Line 18 tin holes of two 12-hole shallow baking tins, pressing small (approximately walnut-sized) balls of pastry into each hole. Keep some of the pastry aside for the lids. Spread the pastry balls to make pie shaped cases, and spoon the vegan mincemeat into the cases.
- Roll out the remaining pastry for the lids. Use your star cutter (which has to be big enough to reach the sides of the pie cases) to create the pastry lids. If you’d rather use a different shaped cutter, ensure that the shapes reach the sides of the pie cases again.
- Place the pastry lids on the pies, ensuring that they fit. Bake for 20 minutes until the pies are golden.
- Leave the mince pies to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack. To serve, lightly dust with some icing sugar and a sprinkle of Lizi’s Granola, if you like! The mince pies will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
266 3.4g 13.5g 4.4g 1.9g 13g 0g 29mg 31g 0.7mg