- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 400ml almond milk
- 300g gluten-free plain flour
- 50g Deliciously Ella Bircher Muesli (or porridge oats)
- 2tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus 1tsp extra for frying
- Stir all the ingredients together with a pinch of sea salt to form a smooth, thick batter.
- Warm the 1tsp extra oil in a pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot and the oil has melted, spoon a large tablespoon of batter into the pan, using a wooden spoon to spread it out.
- Cook the pancake on one side for 3–4 min until golden, before turning and cooking the other side for 2–3 min until cooked through. Remove and repeat until all the batter is finished (spray the pan in between with vegetable oil, if needed) to make around 10 pancakes. They’re best served hot, straight out of the pan.
Ella’s Tip ‘I like to serve them with either a squeeze of lemon juice and 1tsp coconut sugar per pancake (add 15kcal), or a drizzle of maple syrup and a handful of blueberries (add 30kcal).’
For more of Ella’s tasty recipes, visit deliciouslyella.com