- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- Chunk fresh root ginger, grated
- 5 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, rinsed, patted dry and cut into thin slices (stalks optional)
- 1/2tsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp fermented kimchi, finely sliced
- 150g (uncooked weight) brown rice, cooked
- 2tbsp reduced-salt light soy sauce
- 100g fresh pineapple, finely diced into cubes
- 5g spring onions, sliced diagonally, to garnish
- Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the oil and the ginger and stir-fry for 5 sec. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 30 sec.
- Season with the dark soy sauce, then add the kimchi followed by the cooked rice and toss together for 1 min.
- Season with the light soy sauce, then add the pineapple cubes and mix gently into the rice. Garnish with the spring onions and serve immediately.
Recipe taken from Stir Crazy by Ching-He Huang (Kyle Books, £19.99)
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
341kcal 6.6g 9g 0.5g 3.4g 6.1g 1.4g 20mg 56g 1.2mg