- 2 medium carrots (about 200g), peeled and grated
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 500g), peeled and grated
- Spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 13g fresh coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40g black pitted olives, sliced
- ½ x 325g can sweetcorn, drained, or 125g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 150g chickpea or gram flour
- 180ml almond milk
- 100ml dairy-free coconut yogurt
For the herb salsa
- 13g fresh coriander, leaves picked, half chopped, half left whole
- 13g fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- Juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, to garnish
- Put the grated carrots and sweet potato into a mixing bowl. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, spray with oil and cook the onion for 6–8 min over a medium heat until soft. Add the grated vegetables, ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, coriander stalks, chilli and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 min until slightly softened.
- Put the mixture into a bowl with the olives and sweetcorn. Add the lime zest and juice, flour and coriander leaves, and season with black pepper. Add the almond milk and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Divide the fritter mixture into 12. Shape each portion in the palm of your hand, then add the fritters, in batches, to the hot frying pan and flatten with the back of a spatula. Cook for 3 min, then turn and cook for 3 min more. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Continue until you have made all 12 fritters.
- For the salsa, mix together the chopped coriander, half the parsley, the cucumber, spring onions, julienned or grated carrot and lime juice in a bowl. Stir the remaining parsley through the dairy-free yogurt, then serve the fritters with the salsa on the side, garnished with the whole coriander leaves and chilli, with a dollop of the yogurt mix, and extra lime wedges to squeeze over.
Make ahead You can prepare the fritter mixture up to 3hr ahead and keep it covered in the fridge until ready to cook.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
392kcal 14g 6.6g 0.9g 14g 21g 0.6g 229mg 61g 4.3mg