- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2tsp ground turmeric
- 1½tbsp thai red curry paste
- 300g vegan mince
- 50g red lentils
- 1 very low salt vegan stock cube dissolved in 250ml boiling water
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 350g mixed cabbage leaves, sliced
- 2tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- 100g dairy-free coconut yogurt, to serve (we used Koko)
- In a large pan, heat half the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the ginger, half the spring onions and half the garlic and cook for 2 min. Add the turmeric and curry paste. Turn the heat to high and add the mince. Cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add the red lentils and stock to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 min until the lentils are cooked (add some water if needed). Add the peas and stir through. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, heat the remaining oil over a high heat. Add the remaining garlic and spring onion and cook, stirring, for 30 sec. Add the cabbage and peanuts and stir-fry for 2–3 min until cooked through but still crunchy.
- Serve the mince mixture with the cabbage. Add a dollop of coconut yogurt to each plate and garnish with the extra spring onions if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
296 19g 12g 5.7g 10g 9.6g 1.6g 109mg 22g 2mg