User Review( votes)
Tofu, vegetable and holy basil stir-fry
This healthy tofu stir-fry recipe is from Saiphin Moore's cookbook, Rosa’s Thai Café: The Vegetarian Cookbook. It's a brilliant blend of tofu, veggies, chilli and lots of Thai herbs – and all it takes is 15 minutes to make! A speedy supper for two.
Prep Time 5 min
Cooking Time 10 min
- 3 red bird’s eye chillies
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 150g firm tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ red pepper, sliced
- ¼ yellow pepper, sliced
- 30g yard-long beans or green beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- Handful of holy basil leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 250g steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Using either a pestle and mortar, grind the chillies and garlic to a paste. Heat the oil in a wok set over a high heat. Add the chilli and garlic mixture and stir-fry for about 30 seconds, until nice and golden brown.
- Now add the tofu, both soy sauces, the palm sugar and white pepper and cook, tossing everything around in the pan, for about 1 minute, until the tofu is well coated and has taken on a little colour from the sauces.
- Once everything is mixed well, add the onion, peppers and long beans and cook for a further 30 seconds, all the while tossing the mixture together. Throw in the basil and lime leaves and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds. Serve immediately with jasmine rice.