- Spray oil
- ½ red onion or 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ fennel bulb, diced, plus fennel tops to garnish
- 2 reduced-fat pork chipolatas, chopped (we used Heck)
- ¼ x 250g pack ready to heat brown rice
- 50g spinach
- 1 egg
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the onion or shallot, garlic, carrot and diced fennel bulb and cook for 5 min until soft but not coloured. Add the sausages and cook, stirring, for 5 min until browned.
- Add the rice, 5tbsp water and the spinach to the pan and simmer for 3–4 min, stirring once or twice, until the spinach has wilted and the liquid has evaporated. Transfer the pilaf to a serving bowl.
- Wipe out the pan, spray it with more oil and return it to the heat. Break the egg into the pan and cook until done to your liking. Serve the pilaf topped with the egg, garnished with the fennel tops and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
480 39g 10g 3.6g 14g 17g 2.7g 175mg 49g 3.6mg