- 700g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 1tbsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 large aubergine (around 400g), sliced into 12–16 rounds
- 4 crusty wholegrain bread rolls, halved horizontally
- 4tbsp pesto
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 125g ball reduced-fat mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/fan 190°C/gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the sweet potato wedges on to the tray, spray with oil and bake for 25 min or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the barbecue to a medium-high heat. Spray a heavy-based frying pan with oil and cook the onion for 6–7 min, turning once, until softened. Sprinkle with one-third of the herbs and toss to coat. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Lightly spray the aubergine slices with oil and cook, in batches if necessary, on the barbecue for 3–4 min on each side until golden and cooked. Sprinkle the slices on both sides with the remaining herbs.
- Put the bread roll bases on to four plates. Spread each with pesto, then add the rocket, tomato slices, aubergine, mozzarella and the onion rings. Add a roll top to each and serve with the wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
443 16.5g 13.4g 4.2g 12.1g 18.8g 1.5g 399mg 68.3g 3.5mg