- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 750g aubergines, cubed
- 400g courgettes, cubed
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red onions, halved and sliced
- 5–6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 180g quinoa, rinsed
- 150g roasted peppers, cut into strips
- 90g sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 90g pitted kalamata olives
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 3tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 6 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- Lemon zest, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Grease a 25cm round, loose-bottom, spring-form cake tin with a little olive oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Spread the aubergines, courgettes, mushrooms, onions and garlic over 2 baking trays. Season with pepper and drizzle with the olive oil, then give the vegetables a good stir. Roast for 20–25 min.
- Meanwhile, put the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 480ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 min or until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and leave to cool for a few min. Squeeze the garlic to release the flesh, then discard the skins.
- Put all the vegetables and the garlic flesh into a bowl, then stir in the quinoa, peppers, tomatoes, olives, oregano and parsley. Season with ground black pepper, if you like, then gently mix in the beaten eggs.
- Put the prepared cake tin on a baking sheet, then spoon in the quinoa mixture and flatten the top. Bake for 30–35 min until golden and set. Remove from the oven, then stand for 10–15 min. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley, then slice and serve with a leafy green salad, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
366 18.6g 18.8g 3.9g 10g 9.4g 1.7g 131mg 31.4g 5.7mg