- 180g quinoa, rinsed
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4tbsp medium curry paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 500g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 150g spinach
- Put the quinoa in a large pan with 400ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and simmer for 12–15 min until all the water evaporates. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a large wok or non-stick frying pan with a little oil and put over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3–4 min until lightly browned. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas, pumpkin and 125ml water, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 20 min or until the veg are tender, adding a little more water if the curry becomes too thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir through the spinach and season with ground black pepper. Serve the curry in bowls, on a bed of quinoa.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
328 17.7g 8.6g 0.8g 9.3g 13.1g 0.9g 219mg 47.1g 8.7mg