- 1tbsp olive oil
- 125g carrots, grated
- 150g leeks, thinly sliced
- 125g pumpkin, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- Spray oil
- 2tsp sriracha
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt
- Fresh thyme, to garnish (optional),
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 1tbsp oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Put the oil in a large frying pan and set over a medium heat. Add the vegetables and paprika, and sauté, stirring often, for 4–5 min until the veg are tender. Transfer to a bowl and wipe the frying pan clean.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and flour, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the cooked vegetables, cheese and sesame seeds.
- Spray the frying pan with oil and return to a medium heat. In batches, cook 3tbsp dollops of the mixture for about 3 min on each side until golden and cooked through.
- In a bowl combine the sriracha and yogurt, or spoon into a jar. Stack the fritters on a serving plate, drizzle with a little of the yogurt sauce and sprinkle with thyme, if using. Dress the salad leaves with the oil and balsamic vinegar and serve alongside the fritters, with the remaining bowl or jar of yogurt sauce for dipping.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
389 18g 20g 6.4g 5.2g 11g 1.1g 422mg 31g 2.5mg