- Cooking oil spray
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2tbsp hot curry paste
- 350g peeled butternut squash, diced into 2cm chunks
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 25g bunch coriander, chopped, reserving a few sprigs to garnish
- 700g jar passata
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 50g sultanas
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
For the fruity rice
- 150g basmati rice
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- ½ small cucumber, chopped
- 30g dried apricots, chopped
- 2tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4tbsp orange juice
- Put a large, deep, non-stick saucepan over a low heat and spray with oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–6 min or until soft. Add the curry paste and mix well.
- Add the squash, cauliflower, stock powder, coriander and passata to the pan with 500ml water. Simmer for 20–25 min (add more water if the sauce becomes too thick).
- Add the pepper, sultanas and chickpeas to the pan and cook for 15 min or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the fruity rice, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Drain, then mix with the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve the jalfrezi with the fruity rice and the yogurt on the side, garnished with coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
359 13.4g 8.5g 1.3g 8.8g 25.7g 1.2g 163mg 58.5g 4.3mg