- Spray oil 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 100g asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
- 125g frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed well to remove liquid and roughly chopped
- 120g low-fat cottage cheese
- 80g light feta, crumbled
- 25g vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, grated
- 30g dried white breadcrumbs
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 sheets filo pastry (we used Jus-Rol)
- For the nutty rainbow slaw
- 200g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced or grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 40g golden raisins
- 25g chopped walnuts and almonds
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 120g low-fat natural yogurt
- Spray a large pan with oil and put over a medium heat. Add the onion, fennel seeds and chilli flakes and cook for 8 min until softened. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 2–3 min. Set aside to cool slightly, then stir in the spinach.
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170°C/gas 5. Combine all three cheeses in a large bowl with the breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and egg. Stir in the spinach mix.
- Spoon the cheese and spinach filling along one long side of the filo, leaving a 3cm border. Turn in the pastry sides and roll up to fully enclose the filling, in a log shape. Spray with a little oil. Bake for 40–45 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the slaw ingredients in a serving bowl and season with black pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Slice the strudel and serve with the slaw on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
503 22.7g 19.2g 5.1g 11.1g 22.1g 1.4g 377mg 54.1g 3.8mg