- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, cut into chunks (or 700g ready-cut chunks)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 2tsp chipotle paste (or more to taste)
- 680g jar passata
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 250ml water
- 100ml red wine
- 400g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- Large handful chopped fresh coriander, plus leaves to garnish
- Steamed basmati rice, 40g low-fat soured cream and lime wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan with a lid over a low-medium heat. Add the onions, peppers, celery and squash and cook, covered, for 20 min.
- Remove the lid, stir in the garlic, spices and chipotle paste and cook for 2 min. Stir in the passata, stock and wine. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer uncovered for 20 min. Add the beans and lentils and cook for 5–10 min to heat through.
- Pour half the chilli into a freezer-proof container to cool before freezing. Stir the coriander into the remainder, then serve with the rice, cream and a grind of black pepper, garnished with coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
373 14g 4.6g 1.2g 8.9g 14g 0.3g 107mg 60g 3.3mg