- 150g courgette, grated
- 125g carrot, grated
- 1 large floury potato (about 200g), washed and grated
- 80g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint,
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 70g plain flour
- Spray oil
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- 2tbsp low-fat plain yogurt, to serve
- Squeeze handfuls of the grated courgette, carrot and potato over a colander to remove excess moisture, then put all the grated veg in a large mixing bowl. Add the peas, half the pepper, spring onions, mint, lemon zest, egg and flour. Mix well.
- Heat the oven to low. Spray
a large non-stick frying pan
with oil and set over a medium heat. To make each fritter, drop in about 2 heaped tbsp of the mixture and cook for 5–6 min on each side until deep golden and cooked through. Put them in the oven to keep warm while you make the rest. The mixture will make 6–8 fritters.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, remaining pepper, coriander and red wine or sherry vinegar. Add the chilli flakes, if using, then season with ground black pepper.
- Divide the fritters between 2 serving plates and serve with the fresh salsa and yogurt drizzled over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
395 16.9g 5.3g 1.5g 12.4g 18.3g 0.2g 203mg 63g 5mg