- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 350g vegetarian mince (we used Fry’s)
- 175g brown basmati rice
- 600ml very low salt vegetable stock
- 450g cauliflower florets
- 320g green beans
- 4tbsp toasted chopped almonds and fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and carrot for 4–5 min until softened. Increase the heat to high, then add the garlic, garam masala and mince and cook, stirring, for 2 min.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add the rice and stock to the pan. Cover and simmer gently for 12 min.
- Stir in the cauliflower, then cover and cook for a further 8–10 min until the rice is cooked. You may need to add a splash of water during cooking if the pilaf looks too dry. Meanwhile, steam the green beans until tender-crisp.
- Divide the pilaf and beans among 4 serving plates, then serve garnished with the almonds and coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free by choosing gluten-free stock and an alternative gluten-free variety of vegetarian mince, such as Quorn.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
422kcal 24.9g 8.1g 2.3g 20.5g 11.6g 0.9g 115mg 69g 2.6mg