- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, halved, then sliced
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 400g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 150g tomato salsa
- 400g can no added salt kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 325g can no added salt corn kernels, drained
- 200g unsalted or lightly salted corn chips
- 50g reduced fat vegetarian cheddar, grated
- 1 ripe medium avocado, halved, then thinly sliced lengthways
- A few sprigs coriander, to garnish
For the jalapeño cream
- 150g low-fat soured cream
- 2tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeño chilli
- 1tbsp lime juice, plus wedges
- Make the jalapeño cream: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season with black pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2–3 min until softened. Add the chilli powder and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Stir in the tomatoes, salsa, kidney beans and corn. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12–15 min, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened.
- Heat the oven to 190˚C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the corn chips on the tray and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for a few min until the cheese melts. Spread the bean mixture over the corn chips. Arrange the avocado slices over the top, add dollops of the jalapeño cream, garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
440 13g 25g 5g 8.9g 9.2g 0.4g 145mg 35g 2.5mg