- 150g baby spinach
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g passata
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp runny honey
- 60g lightest soft cheese
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 250g fresh spinach and ricotta ravioli or tortellini
- 20g parmesan-style vegetarian cheese, finely grated (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the spinach in a large colander in the sink and pour over a full kettle of boiling water to wilt. Press as much liquid out of the spinach as possible using a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium, deep frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the onion for 8–10 min until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the passata, oregano, honey, soft cheese and tomatoes to the pan with the wilted spinach and mix well until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the chopped basil and ravioli or tortellini and season with pepper, then pour into a 1 litre baking dish. Bake for 20 min, then top with the cheese, if using, and cook for 5 min more. Garnish with the extra basil to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
476 21.2g 16.6g 5.8g 9.5g 21.7g 1g 385mg 55.4g 5.5mg