- 4 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into quarters lengthways
- 290g jar pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large onions, cut into 1cm thick wedges
- 450g cherry tomatoes
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 250g ciabatta, torn
- 125g reduced-fat mozzarella, torn
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the fennel and cook for 5 min or until just tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Put the fennel and all the remaining ingredients, except the olive oil, bread and mozzarella, into a large, deep roasting dish. Season with pepper, then drizzle over the oil and toss together.
- Bake for 15 min. Add the bread and toss, then cook for a further 10 min. Dot the mozzarella over and cook for 5 more min or until melted, then serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
351 12.5g 17.5g 3.4g 10.9g 10.6g 1.7g 229mg 30.4g 2mg