- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 350g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 300g vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can black beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 120g baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, flesh sliced
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan (that has a lid) over a medium heat. Fry the onion and sweet potatoes for 5 min or until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3–4 min. Add the beans, along with 125ml water, then bring to the boil. Partially cover the pan with the lid and simmer for 12–15 min until the sweet potatoes are tender and the mixture is thick.
- Meanwhile, divide the spinach and cucumber among 4 serving bowls. Top with the bean mixture, sliced avocado and crumbled feta, then serve straightaway.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
330kcal 13.8g 13g 3.7g 11.5g 11.3g 0.3g 105mg 35.7g 2.3mg