- Cooking oil spray
- 100g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 100g courgettes, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 6 vegetarian sausages, chopped
- 1 egg
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 seeded bread rolls, halved horizontally
- 1 onion, 2 tomatoes and 1 small avocado, all sliced
- 50g watercress and 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes and courgette and cook for 3–4 min until soft and quite dry. Add the garlic, soy sauce and parsley and cook for 30 sec. Set aside.
- Whiz the sausages and egg to a paste in a food processor, then mix through the breadcrumbs and sweet potato mixture. Shape into 4 burgers.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the burgers to the hot pan and cook for 4–5 min on each side (turn only when cooked on one side so the burgers don’t break up in the pan) until cooked through. Meanwhile, toast the rolls.
- To serve, fill each roll with a burger, sliced onion, tomato and avocado, and watercress and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
418 20.4g 15.3g 2.5g 7.7g 15.1g 3.2g 270mg 51.5g 4.8mg