- 800g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 4tsp olive oil
- 200g ricotta
- 2tsp fresh thyme
- 1 egg
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 30g vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, finely grated
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, caps left whole, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2tsp pine nuts
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, chopped
- A few sprigs fresh basil, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Put the squash on 1 tray and drizzle with half the olive oil. Bake for 30 min or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ricotta, thyme, egg, mustard and half the grated cheese, then fold in the mushroom stems and season with black pepper.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the ricotta mixture. Transfer to the second prepared tray and scatter over the remaining grated cheese. Bake for the last 20–25 min of the squash cooking time.
- A few min before the squash and mushrooms are cooked, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the rosemary, pine nuts and chilli, stirring, until golden. Steam the tenderstem broccoli until tender, then drain.
- Transfer the roasted squash to a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Season with pepper and scatter with the rosemary mixture.
- Serve the mushrooms with the squash and broccoli, garnished with basil.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
316 18.2g 16.1g 6.2g 8g 12.1g 0.6g 368mg 20.7g 3.5mg