- 90g quick cook brown rice
- Spray oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 20g piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced if fresh, plus extra to garnish
- 1 aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 3tbsp balti paste
- 400g can no added salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt, plus 2tbsp to serve
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the spring onions, ginger, garlic and kaffir lime leaves. Cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the aubergine and carrot, stirring to combine, then cook for 5 min. Add the balti paste and the tomatoes and stir. Add the sweet potato and 200ml water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15–20 min until the sweet potato is soft, then stir through the chilli, reserving a little to garnish. Remove the curry from the heat and stir through the yogurt.
- Serve the curry with the rice. Drizzle each serving with 1tbsp yogurt and garnish with extra kaffir lime leaves and the reserved chilli.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
416 14.2g 12.6g 1.2g 13.8g 30.8g 2g 336mg 54.7g 8.5mg