- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 300g Quorn steak strips or chicken-style pieces
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, chopped into 5cm lengths
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 30g reduced-salt vegetarian gravy granules mixed with 500ml boiling water
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
For the dumplings
- 175g wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½tsp mixed dried herbs
- 40g low-fat spread
- 125ml skimmed milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until golden. Add the Quorn and cook for 3–4 min. Stir in the broccoli, mustard and gravy, then bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings. Put the flour and dried herbs in a bowl. Rub the spread into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the milk to form a firm but sticky dough, then turn the dough out on to a floured worksurface. Roll the dough into 8 even dumplings, then put on top of the stew.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer over a low heat, allowing the dumplings to steam, for 12–15 min. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Tip: Serve the stew with your favourite steamed veg on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
337kcal 19.8g 9.6g 2.4g 13.5g 5g 2.1g 237mg 39.6g 2.6mg