- ½tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 1½tsp ground cumin
- 1½tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 175g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- Juice 1 lime, plus lime halves, to serve
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4tbsp reduced-fat soured cream
- Fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3–5 min until browned. Add the garlic, peppers, chilli and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 min. Add the tomatoes and beans, then simmer for 15–20 min, stirring occasionally. Add the sweetcorn for the last 5 min of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine the diced avocado, cucumber and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Divide the chilli and sweetcorn mixture among the tacos. Top with the avocado mixture, then sprinkle over the spring onions. Serve with a dollop of soured cream, garnished with coriander and a grind of black pepper, with lime halves to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
332 11.7g 15.8g 5.3g 9.6g 12.8g 0.3g 147mg 37.7g 4.1mg