For the dressing
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 5cm piece lemongrass (tender base only), very finely chopped
- 2tsp palm sugar, honey or maple syrup
- 1tsp tamari
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 10ml sesame oil
For the salad
- 50g baby tomatoes, diced
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime
- Fresh thai basil leaves (or regular basil), roughly chopped
- 10g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 10g fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 10cm piece rhubarb, finely diced (optional)
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 100g brown rice noodles
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 300g smoked tofu
- 25g sesame seeds
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl, or blitz them in a small food processor if you want the dressing to be smooth.
- Toss the baby tomatoes, lime zest and juice into the dressing. Once combined, add the herbs, rhubarb, if using, and spring onions.
- Put the rice noodles in a pan of boiling water (off the heat) and cover for 5 min (or cook according to the pack instructions). Drain, cool and toss through the salad.
- Heat the sesame oil in a small frying pan over a low-medium heat, add the tofu and brown it on both sides until crisp on the outside and soft within. Remove from the pan and slice into 3cm cubes.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan for 30 sec, then scatter them over the salad with the fried tofu and serve.
Photos: Faith Mason
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
609kcal 23g 33g 5.3g 5.5g 7.6g 1.7g 157mg 50g 5.9mg