- 240g plain wholemeal flour
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1½tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 90g Total Sweet or similar sweetener
- 80g chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 225g mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 5tbsp skimmed milk or unsweetened and fortified dairy-free alternative
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 2lb loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarb into a large bowl. Stir in the sweetener and half the walnuts. Beat the eggs in another bowl, then stir in the vanilla, oil, banana and milk.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle over the remaining walnuts. Bake for 45–55 min until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for about 10 min before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
159 4.4g 6.9g 0.9g 2.5g 3.6g 0.2g 30mg 21.2g 0.8mg