- 1tsp wasabi paste
- 2tbsp mirin
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 450g lean rump steak, fat trimmed
- Spray olive oil
- 180g dried soba noodles
- 350g broccoli, cut into 4cm lengths
- 80g baby spinach
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan, to garnish
- Combine the wasabi, mirin, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl. Put half in a shallow glass dish and set the rest aside. Add the steak to the dish and turn to coat, then cover and set aside for 30 min.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Drain the steak, spray with olive oil, then grill for 2–3 min on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water according to pack instructions. Add the broccoli for the last 2 min of the cooking time. Drain well. Thinly slice the steak.
- Divide the noodles, broccoli, spinach, pepper, onion and steak among 4 serving bowls. Pour over the reserved marinade and toss to combine, then garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
404 36.6g 8g 2.4g 7.7g 8.1g 0.9g 93mg 42.9g 4.3mg