- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans in water, drained
- 2 eggs
- 70g self-raising flour
- 150g carrots, grated
- 150g courgette, grated
- 25g parmesan-style vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 5tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 170g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1tsp lemon zest
- Shredded spring onion tops, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté the onion until soft. Add 2 of the crushed garlic cloves and the chilli, then cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Allow to cool.
- Put the beans, eggs and flour in a food processor and blitz until smooth (or mash and mix together thoroughly with a fork). Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then stir in the cooled onion mixture, carrots, courgette, cheese and 4tbsp of the mint. Season with pepper, then stir until you have a combined batter.
- Wipe clean the pan you used to cook the onions, then spray it with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Spoon heaped tablespoons of the batter into the pan, cooking 5–6 fritters at a time. Cook for 2 min on each side or until golden and cooked through. Continue to make a total of 26 fritters, spraying the pan with oil between batches.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, remaining garlic and mint, and the lemon zest in a small bowl to make a dressing. Top the fritters with a dollop of the dressing, then garnish with shredded spring onion tops and ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
38kcal 2.7g 1g 0.4g 1.1g 1.3g 0.1g 39mg 4.7g 0.5mg