- 450g brussels sprouts
- 150g sprout tops or other greens, such as swiss chard, shredded
- 200g curly kale, shredded
- Cooking oil spray
- 150g lean bacon medallions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Zest 1 lemon and a squeeze juice
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the sprouts and simmer for 4 min or until almost tender. Remove with a slotted spoon (leave the pan of water on the heat) and refresh under cold running water. Drain, then transfer to a large bowl. Cut any large sprouts in half.
- Add the sprout tops or greens and the kale to the pan of boiling water and blanch for 1–2 min. Drain, refresh, then drain again. Add to the bowl of sprouts.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil, then fry the bacon for 5–6 min until crisp. Add the garlic and fry for 30 sec. Add the lemon zest and veg, then cook for 2 min or until heated through. Add the lemon juice and season with pepper to serve.
Nutrition per serving
65 9.6g 1.8g 0.4g 3.5g 1.9g 0.7g 54mg 2.9g 1.3mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.