- 200g orzo pasta
- 2 x 175g skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp dried oregano
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 large courgettes, sliced
- 150g baby spinach
- 350g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook the orzo in a large pan according to the pack instructions, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain again, then put in a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, lay the chicken on a large piece of clingfilm. Cover with another large piece of clingfilm, then flatten with a meat mallet or rolling pin to 1cm thick. Peel off the clingfilm and discard. Put the chicken in a large bowl, then add the garlic, oregano, lemon zest, 1tbsp of the juice and half the olive oil and toss.
- Spray a large griddle pan with oil and set over a high heat.
Cook the courgettes for 1–2 min on each side until tender and charred. Add to the orzo, with the spinach, tomatoes and remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Toss well.
- Cook the chicken in the griddle pan for 3–4 min on each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a board and slice.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, top with the chicken and a grind of black pepper, then serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
311 29.2g 8.7g 1.5g 5.6g 6g 0.3g 125mg 30.7g 3.4mg