- 2tbsp low fat spread
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 450ml skimmed milk
- 300g firm white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 200g smoked fish, cut into chunks
- 75g baby spinach
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g frozen peas, thawed
- 25g parmesan, grated
- Zest 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Melt the spread over a low heat in a large saucepan,then add the flour and stir for 2–3 min. Add the mustard, then gradually pour in 375ml of the milk, stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the fish and spinach and stir gently, taking care not to break up the fish. Cook for 2 min or until the spinach wilts. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish and season with black pepper.
- In a food processor, combine the beans and peas with the remaining milk until a rough mash forms, adding more milk or water to loosen if needed. Spread the mash over the fish mixture to cover. Sprinkle with the parmesan and lemon zest.
- Bake the pie for about 15 min until golden and piping hot. Garnish with the parsley and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
356kcal 42g 6.6g 2.3g 11.7g 11.3g 1.1g 299mg 34.3g 3.9mg