Discover three exciting ways to use a tin or pouch of ready-to-eat puy lentils for an easy way to add more fibre and protein to your day.
CREAMY LENTIL DIP
Serves 4 (as a starter)
250g pack ready to eat puy lentils
250g tub ricotta
3 sun-dried tomatoes
1tsp chilli sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
150g raw carrots and 150g red pepper, to serve
1.Empty a the puy lentils into a blender. Add the ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli sauce and lemon juice.
2. Blend until smooth, then season with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Chop the carrots and red pepper into sticks for dipping.
Nutritional info: 205kcal, 5.2g fibre, 8.6g fat, 4.6g saturates, 17g carbs, 6g sugars, 12g protein, 0.3g salt, 181mg calcium, 2.9mg iron
250g undyed smoked haddock
1tsp curry powder
250g pouch ready to eat puy lentils
100g peeled cooked prawns
2 chopped spring onions
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
1. Put the smoked haddock in a pan with just enough water to cover it and poach for 5 min. Remove the fish from the pan and discard all but 4tbsp of the poaching liquid, then skin and flake the fish.
2. In the same pan, combine the reserved liquid with the curry powder and a puy lentils, then heat through. Stir in the fish flakes with the prawns and heat again until hot.
3. Add the spring onions, fresh parsley and hard-boiled eggs and stir gently to combine before serving.
Nutritional info: 375kcal, 5.8g fibre, 6.8g fat, 1.7g saturates, 20g carbs, 0.9g sugars, 55g protein, 1.3g salt, 124mg calcium, 7.4mg iron
SUPER LENTIL SALAD
200g pack ready to eat puy lentils
200g steamed tenderstem broccoli
250g cooked (not pickled) beetroot wedges
30g crumbled reduced-fat feta
30g pumpkin seeds
Balsamic vinegar, to serve
1.Mix the puy lentils with the tenderstem broccoli, beetroot wedges, feta and pumpkin seeds.
2. Drizzle over some balsamic vinegar and lightly mix to serve.
Nutritional info: 319kcal, 9.5g fibre, 9.8g fat, 2.3g saturates, 30g carbs, 0.9g sugars, 22g protein, 0.6g salt, 172mg calcium, 8.2mg iron
Want more ways with lentils? Check out all of our healthy lentil recipes using red and green varieties too.