This healthier pannacotta recipe was created by the chefs at Yeo Valley HQ. They’ve used yogurt and milk in place of the traditional cream to keep it low in fat and a little higher in protein. It’s much lower in sugar, too. Try serving alongside these chewy chocolate and hazelnut biscuits for a real treat.
PREP 5 MIN
COOK 10 MIN, PLUS SETTING
3 gelatine leaves
250ml full-fat milk
35g caster sugar
300g Yeo Valley bio light (3 small pots)
Fresh red berries, to serve (optional)
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 min, until it becomes very soft.
2. Put the milk and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Then turn off, and stir so that the sugar dissolves entirely.
3. Remove the gelatine from the cold water and squeeze out excess water, then add to the hot milk, stirring to ensure it is all dissolved.
4. When cooled slightly, add the yogurt and pass the whole mixture through a fine sieve. Divide among whichever moulds you are using.
5. Allow to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or even overnight.